Thursday, June 4, 2009

The first humming bird of the year




2 weeks ago I bought a hummimg bird feeder. I had been looking for a nice one and finally found it. Searching website to know exact sugarwater recipy, I prepared humming bird feeder and hung it where my brother-in-law, Chris had already made for me .
From around May 10th hummingbirds are coming but it was still early.
The humming bird feeder was filled with anonymous ants so Chris took it off , of course we knew strong wind was comming.
And then in a slightly windy and rainny day, Chris called me aloud from his bedroom upstairs.
I rushed to upsatairs and saw a tiny humming bird beamming around and sucking honey from flowers right outside of his bedroom window.
We watched it for a while in an amazment.
A few days later I hung up the humming bird feeder again.
Now I'm looking forward to seeing humming birds, thinking of my Chris's parents, Joyce and Sheldon's beautiful country garden and the humming birds we shired.
That was one of the most beautiful things in my life.

1 comment: